Grapefruit essential oil is packed with natural ingredients that make it work as an antidepressant, disinfectant, diuretic, stimulant, antiseptic, aperitif and tonic substance among other things. The health benefits of utilizing this oil are well researched and documented.
Grapefruit oil has long since been a useful holistic method of strengthening arteries against high cholesterol. Many know of this benefit as it is promoted by most healthcare professional for better motivation for good health. Whether taken by mouth or smeared on the skin, it help detox the number of ailments which aggravate the body. Hidden uses of grapefruit oil are comprised of helping with gingivitis, natural douche, increase food flavor, cold and flu symptoms. Many women can use this as a natural ph. balance, it cleanses out and freshens at the same time.
It should always be diluted with water before using in this manner. People suffering from a sore throat or gingivitis can benefit greatly from this product as it cleanse out bacteria accumulating and inflammation around the gums. A common use for mouthwash as it also keeps breathe clean with its natural cleaning components suitable for dental rinses. Like many healthy fruits, grapefruit is filled full with vitamin c which can help prevent colds and keep flu systems to a minimum. The oil from the fruit is highly valuable for when you are sick as it a first aid treatment, it can be taken separately and spread on skin.
Uses and Benefits
- As an antioxidant, thanks to its richness in vitamin C and several other antioxidant compounds
- It boosts the body’s immune system
- It has antiviral and antimicrobial properties and thus an essential disinfectant
- Helps in curing infections in the gastrointestinal system
- It is an excellent antidepressant that will help you manage stress and anxiety
- It improves appetite
- It is an excellent diuretic
- It is an excellent tonic for hair, liver and general health
- It is an effective skin cleansing agent
- 100% natural product
- Can easily blend with other oils
- Use on the skin may increase sensitivity to the sun’s UV rays
- Skin irritation and allergy has been reported