Every living being require oxygen for the breakdown of the nutrients and diet he consumes for the only reason to produce energy to carry out daily life routine. Thus, oxygen plays a very important role in our life because it starts the reactions that catabolize the carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. As much as it is useful to the body, oxygen is also a very high reacting agent and produce free radicals that are lethal for the body.
Here beings the role of Antioxidants as they protect the body from the harmful effects of the free radicals produced in the body.
The antioxidant definition is:
“What are Antioxidants, they are important for the protection of the body from the harmful effects of oxygen by inhibiting its oxidation of oxygen.”
It will prevent the cellular damage. The sources of antioxidants are both naturally occurring products and manufactured products. What are antioxidant foods, some of them are as follows
- Marine plants
- In supplements
Vitamin A, C, and E with beta-carotenes and lycopene contain most of the properties that are required to protect the body and provide the function of an antioxidant. They are present in the body’s first line of defenses, which show their importance in the protection of the body. They keep the free radicals in control by not letting then exceed the safe limit and stop them from causing any damaging effect to the cellular system of the living body.
They act by donation of a proton that stabilizes the free radicals and thus removing their damaging properties. They also play a vital role in the healing of the cells that have been destroyed by the action of the free radicals. Thus if anyone ask what are antioxidant you can say they are the protecting mechanism of our body from following disorders:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- cardiovascular diseases
- Arthritic conditions
With the benefits, we know that excess of everything is bad so we should make sure that we take them from natural sources like the fruits and not the unnatural sources. Excess of antioxidants can also destroy the essential radicals that are useful for the destruction of bacteria and cancerous cells that might harm the body. What are antioxidant quantity for the body, they should be taken in safe limits.
What are Antioxidant Benefits?
You will gain the following extraordinary antioxidant benefits if you consume a diet rich in the them:
- They are very important in maintaining the health of the eyes and the prostate health. They also keep the heart and excretory system healthy.
- When skin is exposed to harmful sun rays, inhibitors are the best source that protects and heal the skin from the damaging rays as they contain vitamin E, one of the most important oxygen inhibitor.
- It plays an important role in the protection of the immune system and prevents the cellular damage and the genetic material from the occurrence of mutation that can cause many severe effects.
- Studies have shown that they can also protect your body from a number of problems related to the cardiovascular system, memory problem, mood swings and much more.
- They also prolong the aging process in the body and prevent the problems related to the memory loss. Food rich in oxygen inhibiting agents can also improve the brain health.
- Oxygen inhibiting agents improve the overall health of a person by destroying the cellular damaging agents.
- They relieve your body from the effects of the oxidative stress it has to face with increasing age and reduces the chances of the occurrence of cognitive diseases.
What are Antioxidant Vitamins?
Many antioxidant vitamins are rich in oxygen inhibiting properties and a few of them are as follows:
- Vitamin A:
It is essential for the proper vision, bone growth, reproduction and for a perfect immune system. It can also produce such agents that will protect your body from the happening of the prostate cancer. You can have this antioxidant vitamin by consuming carrots, oranges, sweet potatoes and many other fruits.
- Vitamin C:
It is essential for the production of collagen to maintain the muscle and bone health; it also helps to heal the wounds at a faster rate. It helps the body to absorb the essential amount of iron and help the body in the self-healing process. You can have it from green vegetable, tomatoes, and citric fruits.
- Vitamin E:
It boosts the immunity of the body, improves the circulation of blood by dilating the vessels and preventing the blood vessels from the formation of the clots. It also saves the body from the agents that might cause the cells to damage. It is mostly found in vegetables, nuts, and the green leafy vegetables.
What are Antioxidant Foods?
We all know that the best way to get all the nutrients important for a healthy body is to consume a natural and healthy diet. There are many naturally occurring fruits and vegetables that are the rich source of oxygen inhibitors and here is a list of a few of them antioxidant foods:
- All types of grapes
- Berries especially the blueberries
- Prunes and raisins
- Strawberries and raspberry
- Citric fruits
- Corn and eggplant
Thus, the consumption of such substances that will protect the body from the harmful effects of the free radicals produced by the oxidation of oxygen is very important for a healthy life. We should make sure that our diet has the correct amount of oxygen inhibiting substance so that our body will have the self-healing and protective mechanism and a healthy immune system.
We should keep our diet full of fruits and vegetables that will not only provide us with the essential inhibitors but also all other nutrients essential for healthy living. To protect ourselves from the life-threatening disease, we should keep in mind what are antioxidants as they protect and help us fight disorders, so they should be the main constituent of our diet.